2017: Year In Review
As we prepare to enter a new year, I thought about taking a moment to look back at the major accomplishments and additions to the K-Link network during 2017.
- Our first Allstar node was commissioned at the El Dorado site on February 2. This node serves as private and public hubs, as well as our Echolink access point and the gateway to IRLP. About 50% of the IP-connected repeaters on K-Link have since migrated to AllstarLink.
- We implemented UptimeRobot, a service that monitors the IP network and reports outages.
- We installed APRS digipeaters in McPherson and Salina.
- The Paola repeater joined K-Link on July 7, which completed the last piece of I-70, which gives us total I-70 coverage from Colorado to Missouri.
- The Dodge City repeater was replaced and migrated to Allstar on July 22.
- We deployed our first MMDVM repeater at Minneapolis on 444.750. A new digital voice network called KansasLink was formed and can be accessed via WiRES-X, DMR, or MMDVM-based repeaters.
- We installed the new 147.225 repeater, linked to K-Link via Allstar with voted receivers in Lincoln and Salina, and features an MMDVM running YSF, DMR, and P25 modes. This repeater also works as an analog local-only repeater.
I would like to thank everybody that donated time, money, or equipment this year and we look forward to making more improvements in 2018!
See you all next year!