The McPherson 444.600 repeater has been returned to service after the following repairs were made:
- The power amplifier was re-soldered.
- The receive audio line output card was replaced to correct a problem with audio distortion.
- The receiver front end, IF, and audio/squelch was completely re-aligned.
- The transmitter exciter was completely re-aligned.
- Repeater and link audio levels were set, power output checked.
- Replaced fractured battery backup fuse.
The McPherson 444.600 repeater is off the air until repairs can be made. Update: The Newton and Hillsboro repeaters have been re-linked via El Dorado. The Sterling repeater is isolated until McPherson returns to service.