The “McPherson 2” repeater on 443.850 is digital only using an MMDVM with Yaesu System Fusion (YSF), and DMR digital modes enabled.
- The YSF module is networked to the YSF Reflector network.
- The DMR module is networked to Brandmeister 3108.
- Antenna: DB-408 at 120 feet, Belden 9913 transmission line.
- Output: 20 watts
- RF deck: Yaesu DR-1X repeater
- Tune your radio to 443.850 with + offset
- Use DG-ID TX:00 and RX:00 (radios with old firmware should have Digital Squelch Code set to OFF)
- In AMS mode, set any TSQ or DCS tone/code. This prevents you from hearing the DMR bitstream which cannot be decoded by a Fusion radio and allows you to scan this channel within a list of analog and Fusion repeaters.
That is the extent of the setup required to access the YSF mode. Additionally, here are some important points of interest:
- This repeater is normally not linked to any reflectors.
- You can link to other reflectors by entering WiRES-X mode on your radio and selecting your choice of reflector.
- Please un-link the node when you are finished using it.
- Don’t link to a reflector just to listen or “lurk”. If you link, talk on it.
- YSFReflectors are an open-source alternative to the official Yaesu WiRES-X network. You cannot access official WiRES-X nodes or rooms via this repeater, except for US-KANSASLINK which is bridged via Brandmeister.
- If the repeater is busy with DMR traffic, do not transmit until the repeater is available.
- Please use only the DN voice mode. The VW mode does not work through the DMR and WiRES-X cross-link.
- US-KansasLink is not the same thing as K-Link and the two networks are not linked together.
- Your codeplug will need one “channel” programmed for every talkgroup you intend to use. Your radio will have to be programmed with your unique DMR ID (obtained from the RadioID.net website)
- Each channel will have to be configured with:
- RX Freq: 443.850
- TX Freq: 448.850
- Color Code: 2
- The time slot and group ID of the group you want to use from the list below:
|31203 (KansasLink) **PTT-Activated**||1|
|Dynamic Groups use||2|
- You may dynamically access any Brandmeister talkgroup on timeslot 2 by keying PTT with the group selected.
- Please don’t do this to “lurk” on a group or groups.
- Dynamic groups remain active for 15 minutes after the last local transmission.
- Talkgroups 1 through 8 are reserved for premium subscribers only.