The “McPherson 2” repeater on 443.850 is digital only using an MMDVM with DMR, Yaesu System Fusion (YSF), and D-Star digital modes enabled.
- The DMR module is networked to the K0USY KS-DMR Network.
- The YSF module can be linked to any YSF Reflector.
- The D-Star module can be linked to any XRF Reflector.
- Antenna: DB-408 at 120 feet, Belden 9913 transmission line.
- Output: 20 watts
- RF deck: Yaesu DR-1X repeater
- Tune your radio to 443.850 with + offset
- Use DG-ID TX:00 and RX:00 (radios with old firmware should have Digital Squelch Code set to OFF)
- In AMS mode, set any TSQ or DCS tone/code. This prevents you from hearing the DMR bitstream which cannot be decoded by a Fusion radio and allows you to scan this channel within a list of analog and Fusion repeaters.
That is the extent of the setup required to access the YSF mode. Additionally, here are some important points of interest:
- This repeater is normally not linked to any reflectors.
- You can link to other reflectors by entering WiRES-X mode on your radio and selecting your choice of reflector.
- Please un-link the node when you are finished using it.
- Don’t link to a reflector just to listen or “lurk”. If you link, talk on it.
- YSFReflectors are an open-source alternative to the official Yaesu WiRES-X network. You cannot access official WiRES-X nodes or rooms via this repeater.
- If the repeater is busy with DMR traffic, do not transmit until the repeater is available.
- Please use only the DN voice mode. The VW mode does not work through the DMR cross-link.
- US-KansasLink is not the same thing as K-Link and the two networks are not linked together.
- Your radio will have to be programmed with your unique DMR ID (obtained from the RadioID.net website)
- Your radio will need one channel programmed for every talkgroup you intend to use.
- Each channel will have to be configured with:
- RX Freq: 443.850
- TX Freq: 448.850
- Color Code: 2
- The time slot and group ID of the group you want to use from the list below:
|2 (K0USY Group repeaters)||1|
|9 (Linked Group Traffic)||1|
|3120 (Kansas Statewide)||2|
|Available Linked Groups:|
31207 (Kansas QRM)
- To access any of the available linked groups:
- Select the channel programmed with TS1:TG9.
- Go into your contact list and key PTT with the desired linked group selected. This activates the link.
- Let the repeater drop, then talk as normal on TS1:TG9.
- The linked group ID’s are to be used for in-band signalling to trigger link activation, not to talk on. All voice traffic for linked groups happens on TG9.
- Please don’t do this to “lurk” on a group or groups.
- Linked groups remain active for 30 minutes after the last local transmission, and only one linked group is available at a time.
- Please do not transmit on any groups not listed above.
- Brief private calls on slot 1 only.
- Talkgroup 31203 is bridged to YSFReflector US-KansasLink.
- Talkgroup 3120 is bridged to YSFReflector US-Kansas3120.